In April 2016, Precious Pages Corp., the publisher of Precious Hearts Romances, called on amateur filmmakers nationwide to participate in this momentous project. A total of 40 applicants, from students to film enthusiasts sent in their portfolio in the hopes of being able to enter the competition.
Ten applicants were shortlisted. They chose from a selection of PHR titles on which they formulated a film concept as out-of-the-box as they could while still maintaining the romantic personality that Precious Hearts Romances has embodied. From their pitches, five applicants and a “wild card” were granted a much-coveted spot. They each were given P15,000 to produce their respective films by August 12, 2016.
- Marco Mata of Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila – Fallin’ For You by Heide Colette;
- Ian Abaya of Asian Pacific Film Institute – Her Own Brand of Hero by Sofia;
- Paolo Pascual of Pamantasan ng Lungsod ng Maynila – Angel Bautista’s Dreams Café 4: Dream Master;
- Miguel Potestades of Collosus Films – Mga Apo Ni Rustica: The Girl in His Arms by Rose Tan;
- Richmond Cadsawan of Far Eastern University – Me, Myself and Peregrine by Jamie Black; and
- Carl Ruiz of De La Salle College of St. Benilde – Kensi’s Unconventional Love.
On September 3, 2016, 2pm, their films will be screened and then uploaded online as the readers are called to vote for their favorite.
The top three films will be awarded at the Manila International Book Fair on September 18, 2016. Winners will also receive the following cash prizes:
- 1st place – P100,000.00
- 2nd place – P50,000.00
- 3rd place – P25,000.00.
Loved the version on paper? Now it’s time to see it for reel. Watch it with us!
Do you want a complimentary pass for the special screening of Precious Pelikula?
How to Get Passes?
Complimentary passes will be distributed in Precious Pages outlets at SM Manila, SM North Edsa and SM Mall of Asia. Readers only need to buy any 3 of the 6 books included in the competition from August 19 to August 31, 2016, and they will automatically receive one (1) complimentary pass for the screening.